Right to Information Act 2005
Right to Information (RTI) is an Act of the Parliament of India to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens and replaces the erstwhile Freedom of information Act, 2002. Under the provisions of the Act, any citizen of India may request information from a “public authority” (a body of Government or “instrumentality of State”) which is required to reply expeditiously or within thirty days. The Act also requires every public authority to computerise their records for wide dissemination and to proactively certain categories of information so that the citizens need minimum recourse to request for information formally.
Click Here for RTI file
JAANKARI – Facilitation Centre
Bihar Information Commission
Objective of the Right to Information Act
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense. It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed. The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
- Salient Features of the Right to Information Act 2005
- The Act extends to the whole of India
- It provides a very definite day for its commencement i.e. 120 days from enactment.
- It shall apply to Public Authorities.
- All citizens shall have the right to information, subject to provisions of the Act.
- The Public Information Officers/Assistant Public Information Officers will be responsible to deal with the requests for information and also to assist persons seeking information.
- Fee will be payable by the applicant depending on the nature of information sought.
- Certain categories of information have been exempted from disclosure under Section 8 and 9 of the Act.
- Intelligence and security agencies specified in Schedule II to the Act have been exempted from the ambit of the Act, subject to certain conditions.
|1||RTI Act, 2005 (Amended)-English Version||VIEW|
|2||RTI Act Version Hindi||VIEW|
|3||Guide For the Information Seekers Under the Right to Information Act.2005||VIEW|
|4||Guide For First Appellate Authority||VIEW|
|5||Guide For the Public Authority||VIEW|
|6||RTI Structure or RTI ACT or RTI Adhiniyam||VIEW|
|7||The Bihar Right to Information Rules, 2006||VIEW|
|9||Rates of Fees||VIEW|
RTI ACT 2005 Section 4(1)(b)
- The particulars of its organization, functions and duties (Section 4(1)(b)(i)of RTI Act,2005)
- Powers and duties of its officers and employees.(Section 4(1)(b)(ii)of RTI Act,2005)
- Procedure followed in decision-making process including channels of supervision and accountability. (Section4(1)(b)(iii) of RTI Act, 2005)
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions. (Section 4(1)(b)(iv) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions. (Section 4(1)(b)(v) of RTI Act, 2005)
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.(Section 4(1)(b)(vi) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof.(Section 4(1)(b)(vii) of RTI Act, 2005)
- A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.(Section 4(1)(b)(viii) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Directory of its officers and employees.(Section 4(1)(b)(ix) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.(Section 4(1)(b)(x) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Budget allocated to each of its agencies, indicating the particulars of all plans proposed, expenditure and reports of disbursement made.(Section 4(1)(b)(xi) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes. (Section 4(1)(b)(xii) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it.(Section 4(1)(b)(xiii) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Details in respect of information available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form.(Section 4(1)(b)(xiv) of RTI Act, 2005)
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use. (Section 4(1)(b)(xv) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Names, designations and other particulars of Public Information Officer (P.I.O.) / First Appellate Authority (F.A.A.).(Section 4(1)(b)(xvi) of RTI Act, 2005)
- Such other information as may be prescribed. (Section 4(1)(b)(xvii) of RTI Act, 2005)
|Sr.No.||Name Of Office||Details||Publish Date|
|1||पुलिस अधीक्षक मुंगेर||क्लिक करें||19/07/2022|